The Welch Allyn® Connex® Vital Signs Monitor has an intuitive touchscreen that is adaptable for most low-acuity healthcare environments and clinical workflows, it can track cardiac activity using 3- or 5-lead ECG monitoring, measure pulse oximetry, non-invasive blood pressure (NIBP), temperature, end-tidal CO2 (EtCo2), respiration and more. Since no two patients are alike, multiple profiles support continuous vital signs monitoring, interval monitoring, spot check vitals and averaging — so you can meet varying needs throughout your facility. The wireless vital signs monitor provides EMR connectivity to give caregivers access to real-time patient information and helps reduce manual data entry errors. For high-risk patients, additional features—like cardiac assessment, early warning scores and EtCO2 — can help you ensure their safety by identifying patient deterioration sooner.
- Measure blood pressure in just 15 seconds with SureBP® technology
- Customize workflows to document patient observations and vitals modifiers
- Choose between SureTemp® Plus or Braun ThermoScan® PRO 6000 Thermometry
- Help identify signs of patient deterioration with automated Early Warning Scores
- Capture pulse oximetry with Masimo® or Nellcor® SpO2 sensors
- Quickly and securely access a device with single sign-on (including Imprivata® integration)
- Use Medtronic® Microstream Capnography (EtCO2) with Integrated Pulmonary Index (IPI)
- Connect to Detecto®, Health o meter® and SECA scales
- Take advantage of Masimo noninvasive continuous monitoring of total hemoglobin (SpHb) and Masimo Acoustic Respiratory Monitoring (RRa)
- Scale up with ECG monitoring to help identify lethal arrhythmia events and track cardiac activity using 3- or 5- lead ECG monitoring
- Integrate with Connex Central Stations to centralize monitoring and alarm management
- Secure patient information with data encryption and additional security features approved by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD)
- Connect to your EMR via WiFi® or Ethernet
Help detect patient deterioration sooner with continuous vital signs monitoring
Track Cardiac Activity using 3- or 5-Lead ECG Monitoring
Scale up with ECG monitoring to help identify lethal arrhythmia events like asystole, ventricular tachycardia and ventricular fibrillation. Streamline your workflow by adding cardiac assessment to your monitoring routine.
When equipped with capnography, this continuous monitoring device proactively monitors patient status 24/7 to help quickly recognize respiratory distress and respond to signs of patient deterioration.
The Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor with Medtronic® Microstream™ continuous capnography monitoring:
- Enables continuous monitoring of CO2 at the airway
- Helps caregivers identify respiratory depression more quickly and effectively
- Reflects change in ventilation within 10 seconds
- Alarms when measurements go outside of safe thresholds
- Features a proprietary Integrated Pulmonary Index to help caregivers assess respiratory status
Education & Documentation
Get in the know to get the most value out of your solution.
Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor User Guide
How to Set Up Your Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor
Introduction to the Connex Vital Signs Monitor with ECG
How to Insert Paper, Change the Battery and Clean Your Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor
How to Take a Blood Pressure Reading with the Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor
Customer Service Bulletinkeyboard_arrow_down
CVSM, Secure SureTemp USB Cable, CSB
Connex Vital Signs Monitor 6000 (CVSM), Connex Integrated Wall System (CIWS), CP50, CP150, Connex Spot Monitor (CSM), Update to Service Manuals Regarding Recommended Electrical Safety Testing, Customer Service Bulletin
6000-916HS and 7000-916HS, Connex Scanner I2of5 Symbology Disabled, Customer Service Bulletin
Quick Reference Guidekeyboard_arrow_down
Service and Maintenance Toolsetkeyboard_arrow_down
User Manual (Previous Versions)keyboard_arrow_down
Welch Allyn Connex Devices, Vital Signs Monitor (CVSM) and Integrated Wall System (CIWS), Software version 2.2X, User Manual
Welch Allyn Connex Devices, Vital Signs Monitor (CVSM) and Integrated Wall System (CIWS), Software version 2.3X, User Manual
Welch Allyn Connex Devices, Vital Signs Monitor (CVSM) and Integrated Wall System (CIWS), Software version 2.4X, User Manual
Frequently Asked QuestionsExpand all
What Health o meter scales will work with my Welch Allyn connected device (Spot Vital Signs® LXi, Connex Vital Signs Monitor, or Connex® Integrated Wall System)?keyboard_arrow_downHillrom offers a number of Health o meter scales that are compatible with these Welch Allyn devices: Connex Vital Signs Monitor, Spot Vital Signs® LXi and Connex Integrated Wall System. Contact your Hillrom sales representative for more information.
Can I use bleach wipes or wipe solutions to wipe down the screen of the Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor?keyboard_arrow_down
Yes, you can use wipes on the Connex® Vital Signs Monitor touch screen surface as long as the bleach concentration does not exceed 10%.
Note: When cleaning the device, avoid using cloths or solutions that include quaternary ammonium compounds (ammonium chlorides) or glutaraldehyde-based disinfectants.
The following agents are compatible with the monitor. Follow the cleaning agent manufacturer’s guidelines:
- 70 percent isopropyl alcohol
- 10 percent chlorine bleach solution
70 percent isopropyl alcohol: Wipe the monitor with a clean cloth slightly dampened with 70 percent isopropyl alcohol.
10 percent chlorine bleach solution:
- Wipe the monitor with a clean cloth slightly dampened with a 10 percent bleach and water solution. Follow the cleaning agent manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Rinse with a clean cloth slightly dampened with water that meets EP and USP quality standards.
- Allow the monitor surface to dry for a minimum of 10 minutes before using the monitor.
Note: Disinfect according to your facility’s protocols and standards or local regulations.
Does the Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor have timed intervals and alarm capabilities?keyboard_arrow_downYes, the Connex Vital Signs Monitor can acquire automatic, unattended, interval measurements. It can also be programmed to initiate interval measurements at variable interval periods for up to five hours. Or, the device can be configured as a traditional spot-check device, which removes the interval and alarm functions from the user interface.
How many years or cycles can I expect a Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor battery to last?keyboard_arrow_downThe manufacturer's specifications estimate that the Connex Vital Signs Monitor battery will be at 70% of its original capacity after approximately 300 complete charge/discharge cycles.
Does Hillrom have any mounting options for the Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor bar code scanner?keyboard_arrow_downAlthough Hillrom does not sell mounting options for the bar code scanner used with Connex Vital Signs Monitor, you may be able to find an appropriate scanner mounting option by contacting Jadak Technologies at www.jadaktech.com.
How do I know if the Welch Allyn Connex ProBP™ 3400, Connex Vital Signs Monitor, and Connex Integrated Wall System will work with my EMR or EHR?keyboard_arrow_down
Welch Allyn Connex vital signs devices are compatible with most of today's EMR/EHR products. For details, request our Connected Partner List.
How do I access the Advanced Settings on my Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor?keyboard_arrow_down
The Advanced tab provides password-protected access to the monitor's Advanced settings (or Admin mode), enabling nurse administrators, biomedical engineers, and/or service engineers to configure specific features. The Advanced tab also presents read-only information about the monitor. (Note: You cannot enter the Advanced settings if sensors or physiological alarms are active, or if vital sign measurements are displayed.)
Access the Advanced Settings.
- Touch the Settings tab.
- Touch the Advanced tab.
- Enter the Advanced settings code.
- Touch OK. The General tab appears.
Why doesn't the printer print on my Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor?keyboard_arrow_down
There could be a few reasons why your printer is not working. Try these troubleshooting activities:
- If the reactive side of the thermal paper is not facing the print head, reverse the printer paper.
- If the thermal paper is wet, clean and dry the inside of the printer housing and replace the printer paper.
- If the printer module is not connected, check the internal USB and power harness connection.
- If the printer does not have power, check J17 on the main board.
- If the printer module does not function, replace the printer module.
- If the USB cable is defective, replace the USB cable.
- If the power harness is defective, test the power harness. Replace if necessary.
- If no printer error is logged, the main board may be defective. Check the error logs for printer errors. Replace the main board if necessary.
- If the printer fuse has blown, check MCE printer fuse F5. Replace the MCE PCBA.
Why can't my Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor communicate through the USB connection?keyboard_arrow_down
There could be a few reasons why your device cannot communicate via the USB cable. Try these troubleshooting activities:
- If the battery charge is low, connect the device to AC power and allow the battery to fully charge.
- If the communications board does not receive power, check the voltage from J49 on the main board for +5.0, ±5V DC. Replace the main board if necessary.
- If the USB client is defective, test the connection by connecting a PC running the service tool. Verify that the service tool is configured properly on the PC to communicate with the device. See the service tool help files. Or replace the power cable to the communications board.
Why isn't the touch screen on my Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor responding?keyboard_arrow_down
If your device touchscreen is not working, try these troubleshooting activities.
- If there is a software error, reboot the device. Press and hold the Power button until the device shuts down. Press the Power button to restart. (Note: Any configuration settings not saved as default will be lost.)
- If the touchscreen is out of calibration, recalibrate the screen. In Advanced settings, touch the Service tab and then touch the Self-tests tab.
- If the touchscreen lock is activated, unlock the screen. To unlock, touch the Lock icons at the bottom of the screen. To disable the touchscreen lock, touch the Settings tab, touch the Device tab and uncheck Allow display lock timeout.
- If there is a faulty internal connection, check the connection at J48 on the main board with display flex cable.
- If a display flex cable is broken, replace the touchscreen and display assembly.
- If the main board has a faulty touchscreen controller, replace the main board.
- If the touchscreen has experienced excessive force or prolonged rubbing in one area of the screen, replace the touchscreen.
Why doesn't my Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor power up?keyboard_arrow_down
- If a new battery was installed, connect AC power to wake up the battery.
- If the AC power is disconnected, connect AC power.
- If the power cord is defective, replace the power cord.
- If the battery is discharged, charge the battery.
- If the power button is defective, replace the right-side panel and power button.
- If an internal connection is faulty…
- Check the power-flex cable connection at J6 on the main board.
- Check the AC power harness connections from the IEC connector to the power supply.
- Check the power harness from the power supply J2 to J30 on the main board.
- Check the battery power harness from J2 on the battery connector board to J29 on the main board.
- If the power supply is defective, check the output voltage on the power supply. The voltage should be 15 V ± 0.45 V DC. If it is not, replace the power supply.
- If the battery is defective, charge the battery for five hours. If the battery icon on the display still shows an empty battery symbol, replace the battery.
- If the main board is defective, replace the main board.
The display on my Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor is dim when the unit is powered on. How do I adjust the brightness?keyboard_arrow_down
If the display on your device is dim when powered on, try these troubleshooting activities.
- If the brightness setting is too low, increase the brightness setting. Touch the Settings tab, touch the Device tab, touch the Defaults and set Display brightness to the desired level.
- If the display has reached the end of its useful live, replace the display.
How does the Welch Allyn Connex Vital Signs Monitor battery status "time indicator" work and what does that number signify?keyboard_arrow_down
The battery status indicator displays the different states of the battery as represented by icons in the right corner of the Device Status area, including:
- The monitor is connected to a power outlet and the battery is charging or is fully charged. The estimated charge rate is displayed as a percentage of capacity.
- The monitor is not connected to a power outlet and is running on battery power. The estimated charge time remaining is displayed in the hour(s): minute(s) format. Each section of the battery status indicator represents a percentage of remaining charge.
- The monitor is connected to a power outlet but the battery does not maintain a charge (or has been removed).
- When the battery is not being recharged and power becomes low, a low level alarm appears in the Device Status area.
(Note: Observe the remaining battery charge in the battery status indicator and plug the monitor into a power outlet as soon as you are able.)
If the low level alarm is dismissed or if you take no action to charge the battery, a high-priority alarm appears when battery power is critically low. Plug the monitor into a power outlet immediately to prevent it from shutting down.