Excel Medical Device Integration Overview
The Excel Medical Device Integration platform is unique in providing a single, vendor-agnostic platform capable of acquisition, centralized telemetry monitoring, permanent storage and distribution of clinical data — both from connected medical devices like bedside monitors and ancillary third-party devices.
With cloud-connected medical device software, you can the full range of patient physiological data, including waveforms which provide deep clinical insight. The Excel Medical Device Integration solution from Hillrom enables providers to spend more time focusing on patients and less time chasing down information or engaging in manual tasks.
Leverage the Power of Your Medical Device Connectivity
- A single, enterprise platform that provides hospitals with unlimited storage to support clinical applications and workflows.
- Uniquely supports both GE and Philips patient monitoring systems.
- Allows for integration freedom from cardiac monitoring vendors with agnostic data platform approach.
The Physiological Data Collection You Need — When You Need It
- Delivers real-time telemetry and physiological data content (waveforms, vitals, clinical alarms) into Epic clinical workflows through integration with Epic’s desktop and mobile applications.
- Clinicians can access real-time clinical alarm analytics via Epic to help hospitals manage clinical alarm risk across medical devices.
- Save money, time and resources trough vendor reduction and operational efficiencies.
- Reduces the costs and number of maintenance agreements and integrations with several different vendors.
- Supports a higher quality of patient care, long-term adaptability and predictive analytics in healthcare.
Agnostic technology solution
Unique enterprise-wide vendor agnostic medical device integration solution
Physiological Data Acquisition and Distribution
Acquisition, permanent storage, and distribution of physiological dataconnected medical devices like bedside monitors and ancillary third-party devices
Data Access to providers
Full range of patient physiological data, including waveform acquisition with unlimited storage
Proactive Patient Care
Near-real time clinical data, alarms and vital sign analytics, retrospective data and predictive algorithms
Automate Telemetry Monitoring
Automated telemetry workflow can connect critical patient data to the entire care team’s workflow to help accelerate intervention, support patient outcomes and the overall care team experience.
Compare the Difference
Excel Medical Device Integration with the Epic EMR
The purpose of patient data is to effectively get it in the hands of clinicians to make better care decisions. The Excel Medical Device Integration Solution works within Epic’s desktop and mobile applications to:
- Capable of acquiring 100% of available patient data from GE CARESCAPE and Philips IntelliVue patient monitoring systems and other third-party medical devices.
- Manage the flow of vital signs
- Integrates discrete alarms
- Acquire cardiac strips (images)
- Contextualize patient data
Excel Medical Device Integration with Epic Desktop
Users in Epic Desktop benefit from using Hillrom’s Excel Medical Device Integration Solution to:
- Integrate vital signs into flowsheets
- Digitize cardiac monitoring reports
- Provide near real-time surveillance, while allowing providers to visualize patients' physiological data
- Support workflows for digitization of cardiac monitoring strips and reports in cardiac telemetry monitoring, critical care, and emergency care
Excel Medical Device Integration with Epic Mobile Applications
Users in Epic Mobile Applications benefit from using Hillrom’s Excel Medical Device Integration to:
- Access near real-time surveillance and visualization of patient physiological data, vital signs, alarm trends and cardiac strips across and predictive analytics on their mobile smartphone devices and clinical communication platforms.
Education & Documentation
Get in the know to get the most value out of your solution.