Connection is Vital.
See how Voalte Nurse Call connects caregivers to patients, empowering them to keep patients safe and satisfied while improving the patient experience with better response times.
29% increase in HCAHPS scores for staff responsiveness1
A 300+ bed facility with Voalte® Nurse Call and Staff Locating
67% reduction in falls using Voalte® Status Board 2
A 200+ bed facility with Voalte® Nurse Call and Status Board
19% decrease in average caregiver distance traveled3
A 500+ bed facility with Voalte® Nurse Call, Voalte Mobile, and Staff Locating
60% increase in time with patients4
250+ bed facility with Voalte Nurse® Call and Staff Locating
In the hospital, communication between patients and caregivers is not just important—it’s vital. Voalte Nurse Call acts as a lifeline, providing a secure, reliable platform that scales across your health system.
The Nurse Call system sends detailed patient notifications directly to your team, so they can provide quality care, faster. Automating your care environment—together with corresponding awareness of your patients’ needs—promotes a quiet environment, and can help your team deliver proactive care to keep patients safe.
System administrators benefit from centralized system management and better serviceability, which help to lower operating costs and maximize your technology investment. Your team will enjoy a consistent interface, even when they float between facilities. And we can right-size the system for your needs with standards-based integrations, flexible room designs and customizable system configurations.
Keep Patients Safe
- Automate rounding reminders to proactively address patient needs
- Activate safety protocol monitoring and alert caregivers to an unsafe state
- View patient risk status and safety state on a real-time dashboard
Prioritize Patient Satisfaction
- Send patient calls directly to the appropriate caregivers so they can respond faster
- Include more detail in patient requests so they get what they need-the first time
- Automate reminders to meet patients' need before they ask
Drive Caregiver Safety and Satisfaction
- Direct communications between staff
- Automate reminders
- Presence-based, automatic call completion
- Ready access to one-touch staff duress alerting
Connect to Existing Systems and Ease Administration
- Open, scalable platform accommodates your needs today, and in the future
- Customizable system configuration meets specific facility requirements and clinical workflows
- Flexible network design options fit into hospital infrastructure and maintain system reliability
- Integrations to existing systems, such as your EMR, are established using industry-standard protocols with security in mind
“Voalte Nurse Call and the Voalte® communications platform have had a significant impact on the care and safety of our patients. This integration provides the caregiver with an immediate notification of patient calls, the call type and location. This is essential… and directly improves response times to those calls.”
— John Hosler, Senior Clinical Systems Support Analyst, Trinity Health Information Services
Voalte® Platform Video
Meet the Voalte Platform, one unified care communications platform from Hillrom. Watch now to learn more about the Voalte Platform.
Hillrom™ Care Communications Journey
Imagine a world where patients in the hospital are protected by an ecosystem of connected technologies. Watch how Hillrom is making that vision real.
Care teams depend on actionable information and efficient collaboration to respond to their patients’ needs.
Voalte® Nurse Call combines advanced features with unique software applications to offer your staff workflow automation, easy collaboration, and access to specific patient needs.
49% reduction in average call volume1
2 minutes or less, sustained response time2
62% average reduction with Voalte® Patient Safety3
Patient Care Reminders
- Support clinical protocol adherence for turns, pain checks, and more using on-demand reminders
- Reduce caregiver mental load with fully automated rounding reminders
Staff and Patient Requests
- Save steps and speed response by converting generic calls to specific patient needs right from the staff console
- Remove steps with one-touch action requests that staff can trigger right from the patient room
- Give caregivers real-time information about their entire unit including patient risk status, call activity, staff location and assignments, and bed status with Voalte® Status Board
- Automatically arm the bed exit alert with the Voalte® Patient Safety application
- Continuously monitors bed state so caregivers are notified when patients are at risk
Reporting and Analytics
- Access the data you need to analyze clinical and operational performance
- Set goals for continuous improvement
Real-Time Staff Locating
- Automate common clinical workflows such as call cancellation and reminder completion
- Facilitate staff collaboration with real-time views of staff location
- Enhance caregiver safety with one-touch duress calling
"We love using the Voalte Nurse Call status board feature as it provides a snapshot of pertinent information in real-time. We can take a quick look and determine things like if the bed exit alert is set, if a call has been responded to, and if a bed needs repair.”
— Lisa K. Eaves, Director for Medical, Surgical and Pediatrics, Scotland Memorial Hospital
- Hillrom Customer (GC). Nurse Call Data Report. August 2015. Data on file.
- Hillrom Customer (SMH). SMH Patient Call Report. 2018. Data on file.
- Hillrom Customer (HC). Customer Interview. August 2017. Email results on file.
Your systems should work together to increase clinical and IT value – and that includes your nurse call system.
Voalte® Nurse Call is an enterprise solution that is powered by a secure software platform that is ready to connect to your existing technology while keeping patient information safe. Information flow is bi-directional and uses industry-standard protocols helping you simplify interoperability, automate data sharing, and move from reactive to proactive care.
30+ years of integration experience
400+ hospitals automating workflows with staff locating1
100,000+ staff with access to one-touch duress calling2
Electronic Health Record
- Ensure systems are providing consistent information to care teams
- Receive patient risk assignment, patient admit-discharge-transfer updates, and staff assignments from the EHR
- Send bed data to the EHR to help promote data accuracy and reduce charting time for caregivers
- Keep a continuous pulse on patient needs, wherever you are, with direct integration to mobile communication apps
- Use call notification and escalation procedures to deliver calls to the right caregiver
- Provide call-back support for caregivers to their patient without needing to go into the room
Middleware and Alarm Management
- Centralize management of notifications, alerts, and alarms, including those coming from your nurse call system
- Interface with middleware and alarm management solutions allows you to standardize alerting workflows and reduce alarm fatigue
“Voalte® Nurse Call and the Voalte communications platform have had a significant impact on the care and safety of our patients. This integration provides the caregiver with an immediate notification of patient calls, the call type and location. This is essential… and directly improves response times to those calls.”
— John Hosler, Senior Clinical Systems Support Analyst, Trinity Health Information Services
- Hillrom Customer Purchasing Data. 2020. Data on file.
- Hillrom Customer Purchasing Data. 2018-2020. Data on file.
Your technology investments should support your network and workflows, not the other way around.
Let us partner with you to add dependability to your hospital environment through a proven, repeatable deployment process that helps you maximize your investment for the life of your system. Rely on our service professionals who lean on their personal, clinical, and technical experience to guide you from initial system design through installation to ongoing maintenance and support.
20+ years developing, installing, and supporting nurse call
1,000+ Hillrom nurse call systems deployed
90%+ issues resolved remotely, 150+ technicians for on-site service
200+ Hillrom service professionals ready to support you
Hillrom provides all services necessary to develop, implement and support your nurse call strategy.
- Implementation Engineering
- Clinical Workflow Design
- Project Management
- Systems Integrations
- On-site and Remote Education
- Clinical Consulting Services
Proactive Service Solutions
- Protect your nurse call investment with maintenance and support coverage for hardware and software.
- A software maintenance agreement offers 24/7/365 remote support and free system software upgrades giving you access to the latest enhancements.
- An extended service agreement includes extended parts warranty coverage, preventative maintenance, and on-site support.
24x7 Front Line Call Center
Talk to a Call Center agent each time, any time you call. Our agent will triage your concern and ensure your call is handed off to the Technical Support team to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
“Hillrom was truly a partner… what we have implemented here, It’s using clinical scenarios and merging them with IT to bring information to the fingertips of the caregivers and to revolutionize the way we deliver care.”
— Fabian Fregoli, MD, CMIO, St. Joseph Mercy Oakland | AHA’s “Most Wired Innovator” 2017