You're on the Front Line of Population Health
In a complex healthcare system, physician's offices represent the first line of defense against the health issues patients face today. Discover how we're working to help you manage chronic conditions and identify risk factors early - so you can support better outcomes for your patients and your practice.
Enhanced Physical Examinations
You’re always elevating patient care — and the tools you rely on every day play significant roles in that effort. Try our latest technology for the eye and ear exam and connected patient monitors that help you capture critical vital signs. We designed our portfolio of physical examination tools to help you:
- Advance your eye and ear examinations with our next-generation, wide-view LED ophthalmoscopes and otoscopes
- Quickly and accurately capture temperature readings with our ear and oral/axillary/rectal thermometers
- Keep the diagnostic tools you need within arm's reach with integrated wall systems
Simple, Connected Cardiopulmonary Testing
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US - and COPD and stroke both rank in the top five. You need simple, streamlined ECG test workflows to help you shorten the path to diagnosis and treatment for cardiopulmonary disease. Our ECG solutions are designed to help you:
- Tap into specialist-level features designed for the physician's office
- Choose from a variety of communication methods - including WiFi and DICOM - with our EMR-connected ECGs
- Keep reimbursable procedures in house, helping maximize your return on investment
Precise Hypertension Management
Hypertension is a leading cause of cardiovascular death in the US.8 46% of American adults have high blood pressure.9 You need blood pressure readings you can rely on, inside and outside your office. That’s where we come in. See how our Welch Allyn vital signs devices, automated blood pressure monitors and home blood pressure monitoring solutions can help you:
- Identify hypertension with accurate, automated and averaged blood pressure readings in your office
- Be confident when diagnosing hypertension with multiple readings inside and outside your office
- Inform your hypertension management with clinician-connected, self-measured blood pressure monitoring
Sight-Saving Pediatric Vision Screening
Vision disability is the single most prevalent disabling condition among children.4 The AAP recommends instrument-based vision screening as early as 12 months of age, if available.5 Yet 90% of pediatricians are not doing automated childhood vision screening.6 Get to know our Welch Allyn Spot Vision Screener, and see how it can help you quickly and easily detect vision disorders in children — helping to improve sight and prevent blindness.
- Work efficiently by capturing an image of both eyes in seconds
- Improve financial outcomes with reimbursable instrument-based vision screening7
- Standardize on a fast, objective and consistent approach to pediatric vision screening across your healthcare network
Accessible Diabetic Retinal Exams
37 million Americans are living with diabetes,10 and up to 80% of them will develop some stage of diabetic retinopathy.11 With early detection, up to 95% of vision loss from diabetic retinopathy is preventable12 — yet documented compliance with annual retinal exams is often only 60%.11
Discover how the Welch Allyn RetinaVue care delivery model is making diabetic retinal eye exams simple and affordable for primary care providers, helping you:
- Intercept patients during primary care office visits — helping to achieve up to 90% documented compliance within one year13
- Inform care planning, delivery, coverage and quality measure (HEDIS) performance with accurate documentation14
- Improve financial outcomes with reimbursable retinal exams15 and improved quality measure performance14
Explore All The Ways We're Helping Improve Chronic Care Management in the Physician's Office
Explore continuous monitoring, remote patient monitoring and vital signs monitoring solutions that you can implement in your hospital today.Learn More
Non-Invasive Respiratory Therapy
We’re innovating to help patients breathe easier wherever they are—by mobilizing secretions, simplifying ventilation and addressing other pulmonary issues.Learn More
Experience simple, secure and connected workflows with accurate cardiology solutions that help you reduce complexity and shorten the path to diagnosis.Learn More
Physical Exam & Diagnostics
Rely on our Welch Allyn diagnostic solutions to help you shorten the path from detection to diagnosis and treatment and improve your productivity—with patient outcomes in mind.Learn More
Vision Screening & Diagnostics
We put advanced technology and smarter tools in the palms of your hands to help you detect serious conditions like diabetic retinopathy and vision disorders in children.Learn More
Dive into some of our latest educational resources.
Rendr Care Achieves 5-Star Compliance for Diabetic Retinal Exams
"We turned one of the toughest measures to achieve into one of the easiest measures to meet." See how this physician group moved the needle with the RetinaVue 700 Imager.
Rethink Your Hypertension Management
Discover how blood pressure averaging can help improve hypertension diagnoses.
Landon's Story: How She Survived Retinoblastoma
Learn how a referral from the Spot Vision Screener helped this 11-month old survive retinoblastoma.
- Mozzafarian D, Benjamin EJ, Go AS, et al. on behalf of the American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee. Heart disease and stroke statistics—2016 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2016;133:e38-e360
- COPD - What Is COPD? | NHLBI, NIH. www.nhlbi.nih.gov. Published March 24, 2022. Accessed June 28, 2023. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/copd.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics. Underlying Cause of Death 1999-2013 on CDC WONDER Online Database, released 2015. Data are from the Multiple Cause of Death Files, 1999-2013, as compiled from data provided by the 57 vital statistics jurisdictions through the Vital Statistics Cooperative Program: http://wonder.cdc.gov/ucd-icd10.html. Accessed on Feb 3, 2015.
- Improving the nation’s vision health; a coordinated public health approach. Duenas, Michael; Saaddine, Jinan; National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (U.S.), Division of Diabetes Translation., Vision Health Initiative. 2007; https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/6846 Accessed March 28, 2023.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. http://www.aappublications.org/news/2015/12/07/Vision120715 Accessed January 19, 2023
- Couser, Natario L., Esmail, Fatema Q., Hutchinson, Amy K. “Vision Screening in the Pediatricians Office” Open Journal of Ophthalmology (May 2012)
- Children’s Eye Foundation. A Practical Guide for Primary Care Physicians: Instrument-Based Vision Screening In Children. Grapevine, TX: Children’s Eye Foundation; 2016
- Whelton PK, Carey RM, Aronow WS, et al. 2017 ACC/AHA/AAPA/ABC/ACPM/AGS/APhA/ASH/ASPC/NMA/PCA Guideline for the prevention, detection, evaluation, and management of high blood pressure in adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Hea J Am Coll Cardiol 2018; 71: e127-248. DOI: 10.1016/j.jacc.2017.11.006
- The American Heart Association (AHA) now defines high blood pressure as 130/80 mm HG or higher (http://www.acc.org/latest-in-cardiology/articles/2017/11/08/11/47/mon-5pm-bp-guideline-aha-2017 4)
- American Diabetes Association Statistics About Diabetes. www.diabetes.org/resources/statistics/statistics-about-diabetes. Accessed September 9, 2022.
- Diabetic Retinopathy Preferred Practice Pattern from the American Academy of Ophthalmology, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ophtha.2019.09.025, ISSN 0161-6420/19. Accessed July 29, 2020.
- “New Treatment Options, Better Hope of Preventing Vision Loss from Diabetes | National Eye Institute.” https://www.nei.nih.gov/about/news-and-events/news/newtreatment-options-better-hope-preventing-vision-loss-diabetes. Published November 19, 2015. Accessed September 9, 2022.
- Mansberger SL, Gleitsmann K, Gardiner S, et al. Comparing the effectiveness of telemedicine and traditional surveillance in providing diabetic retinopathy screening examinations: A randomized controlled trial. Telemed J E Health. 2013 Dec; 19(12): 942-8
- Formativ Health. http://www.formativhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/HCC-White-Paper.pdf Published 2018. Updated 2018. Accessed February 3, 2020.
- CPT Professional 2021 codebook. https://www.cms.gov/medicare/physician-fee-schedule/search?Y=0&T=4&HT=0&CT=0&H1=92228&M=5 Accessed September 9, 2022.