- IntelliDrive® XL powered drive allows your team to perform safe, efficient patient transports throughout your healthcare facility
- Exclusive, powered width expansion technology reduces the time and effort needed to configure the bed to your patient's size and transport needs
- With our FlexAFoot™ feature, the bed can be quickly, easily reconfigured to fit your patient's height, reducing the need for transfers or repositions
- NaviCare® Nurse Call, smart connectivity and digital status boards provide you with real-time views of staff activity, bed status and patient protocols
Deliver Safer Patient Care
- Programmable Continuous Lateral Rotation Therapy (CLRT) supports protocols that can help prevent ventilator-associated complications
- Head-of-bed angle indicator and alert provide responsive monitoring and protocol compliance
- 3-mode bed exit helps prevent patient falls
- The silence feature keeps the alarm set and engaged, so your caregivers don't need to intervene as often
- Surface options are designed to help prevent and treat skin breakdown
Enhance Patient Dignity
- The Compella bariatric patient bed's design, color and styling are consistent with standard Hillrom patient beds
- Sturdy siderails, plus easy access to the controls and the trapeze, allow your patients to confidently reposition themselves, giving them more independence
Powered width expansion
1-button adjustment expands frame and bed surface from 40" to 50" and can reduce caregiver exertion by 100% 1
IntelliDrive® XL can reduce by 50% the physical effort needed to move the bed 1
NaviCare® Nurse Call integration
- 3-mode bed exit supports fall prevention protocols
- Silence feature keeps alert engaged and set without repetitive intervention
- NaviCare Nurse Call and clinical status board can help identify fall risks
Dig deeper into product attributes to see how we can fit your requirements.
|Bed Low/High position— Sleep Deck to Floor||18.5" (47 cm) / 26.8" (68 cm)|
|Minimum Overall Bed Width (Width Extenders Retracted)||43" (109 cm)|
|Minimum Overall Bed Length (Foot Section Retracted)||91" (231 cm)|
|Patient Weight Capacity||1,000 lb (453.6 kg)|
Education & Documentation
Get in the know to get the most value out of your solution.
Frequently Asked QuestionsExpand all
Why won't the bed exit alert arm after I've transported my patient?keyboard_arrow_down
If your Compella bed is equipped with powered drive, you cannot use the scale nor arm the bed exit alarm when the bed is in transport mode. If you attempt to use the scale or bed exit while the powered drive wheel is lowered, the “Raise Bed” indicator light on the control pod will flash and you'll hear a triple-beep alert.
To remove the bed from transport mode, press and hold the “Raise Bed” indicator control on the pod. Once the indicator light is off, the scale and bed exit alarm are ready for use.
How do I change the scale units from kilograms (kg) to pounds (lbs.) on the Compella Bariatric Bed?keyboard_arrow_down
By default, the scale displays your patient's weight in kilograms (kg). To change the display to pounds (lbs.):
- Make sure the Enable key indicator is off.
- Press and hold the Zero control. After approximately 5 seconds, as you continue to hold the Zero control, press and hold the Weigh control. When you hear a beep, release both controls. The display will be in configuration mode, with the current unit setting (lbs. or kg) highlighted.
- Press and release the Scale Weigh control to move through the settings. When you reach the applicable setting, release the control and wait approximately 10 seconds, until you hear a beep. The display will store the new configuration and exit configuration mode.
How do I engage the Intellidrive XL powered transport on my Compella Bariatric Bed?keyboard_arrow_downOn the Transport Pod, press the green Transport control to lower the bed into its transport position. A single beep and an illuminated green indicator will confirm the bed has reached transport mode. Next, set the green brake pedal to Steer. A green indicator will light up once brake pedal has been set to Steer. To move the bed, grip its blue transport handles and depress its green Enable switches. Push its handles to move the bed forward and pull its handles to move in reverse.
Will Turn Assist or Continuous Lateral Rotation Therapy (CLRT) therapy automatically stop if I lower my Compella Bariatric Bed's siderail?keyboard_arrow_downNo. Do not lower the siderail when CLRT or Turn Assist is active. Pause or turn off CLRT or Turn Assist before you lower the siderail.
Why does the Compella bed continually beep while I'm adjusting its width?keyboard_arrow_down
The Compella bed is intended operate at either 40” or 50” width — not at widths between. When adjusting it, you'll hear a repetitive triple-beep and see an amber-colored indicator (located next to the control) flash until the bed reaches either its fully expanded or its fully retracted position.
To adjust the bed width, press and hold the Width Expand or Width Retract control until you hear a single beep, which confirms the bed has reached the desired width. A continuous green light indicates the bed is either fully expanded or fully retracted.
Where can my care team and I find training resources for our Compella Bariatric Bed?keyboard_arrow_down
Compella Bariatric Bed training resources are available in the Product Documentation section on this page.
Why am I unable to use the electronic width controls on my Compella Bariatric Bed?keyboard_arrow_downYour bed's air system may be disconnected or turned off. Please refer to User Manual 178951.