Skip to Content
Spot Vital Signs® Device Online Technical Service & Repair Training
Approx. 2 hours
Time to Complete
Approx. 2 hours
This course is designed to train Biomedical Equipment Technicians on servicing and maintaining Spot Vital Signs Device.
The course will be delivered in two parts. Part One consists of instructional content, followed by an online test. After successful completion of Part One, the student will receive the Spot Vital Signs Service Tool Software. Part Two of the training is hands-on, and will progress the student through installation of the Spot Vital Signs Service Tool and performing a hands-on Functional Test of the Spot Vital Signs Device.
Part One: (60-90 minutes)
- Module 1 - Course Overview
- Module 2 - Spot Vital Signs Product Overview
- Module 3 - User and Service Menus
- Module 4 - Spot Vital Signs Service Tool
- Module 5 - Troubleshooting
- Module 6 - Disassembly / Reassembly
- Module 7 - Spot Vital Signs Functional Test
- Module 8 - Course Test
- Module 9 - Summary
Part Two: (30 minutes)
- Hands-On Functional Test
(Notes: Spot Vital Signs Service Tool Software requires Windows XP. A complete set of the required Tools and Test Equipment for the Spot Vital Signs, and a Spot Vital Signs device are required to complete Part Two of the training. See below for the complete list of required items.)
Service Levels Trained:
Repair, functional test and maintenance for the Spot Vital Signs Device
- Two-year Welch Allyn Spot Vital Signs Technical Service Certification, Spot Vital Signs Service Tool Software
Required Service Tools and Test Equipment:
For a list of equipment necessary to complete training and perform service on the Spot Vital Signs device, click here.
Recommended Pre-existing Knowledge:
- Attendees should have working knowledge of microprocessor-based medical electronics servicing, and analog and digital electronics theory.